Cellar Door Assistant
Company: Nanny Goat Vineyard
Uploaded: 29 September 2020
Closes: 29 October 2020
Nanny Goat Vineyard is a successful Central Otago wine company based in the picturesque Queensberry, just a short 15 minute drive from Wanaka or 20 minutes from Cromwell.
We are looking for an energetic and outgoing person to join our team on a casual basis, initially working weekends (Friday/Saturday/Sunday within the span of 11am - 5:30pm) with the possibility to increase days as it gets busier over Spring and Summer. In this position you will be responsible for ensuring our visitors are provided with a memorable experience when visiting our exciting new Cellar Door and vineyard. You will also be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day functioning of the Cellar Door as part of our dynamic and enthusiastic Cellar Door team.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing all visitors and guests to the Cellar Door with the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
- Assist with onsite experiences with the view to drive visitation and grow profitability. This includes functions (corporate and private) weddings, group bookings, targeted corporate events, consumer experiences and general onsite events.
- As the Cellar Door offers food options alongside the wine tasting experience, you would be expected to assist with kitchen duties and during quiet times cleaning, garden and grounds maintenance.
You will be an enthusiastic and effective communicator who personifies Nanny Goat’s culture and values around collaboration, trust and integrity, accountability, empathy and respect, innovation, company first and empowerment. You’ll use your wine knowledge to showcase our exceptional wines and your passion for the Wine Industry will shine through as you share our story and wines with visitors to the cellar door.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:
- Energetic, positive, with an outgoing personality
- Passionate about wine
- Has exceptional customer service, and communication skills
- Confidently able to talk to groups of people
- Has the ability to work under pressure in a busy environment
- Has the ability to find things to do when it is quiet
- Has their own transport
- Willing to work weekends and occasionally work over time
Your previous experience in working at a cellar door and/or hospitality environment will be looked upon favourably for this role.
Applicants must have New Zealand citizenship/residency or a valid existing work visa. Own transportation is also a must.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.