Company: Giesen Group Ltd
Uploaded: 29 September 2020
Closes: 29 October 2020
- Want to work with an Iconic New Zealand Brand and a multi award-winning business?
- Key leadership role within a highly effective Winery team
- Marlborough based position
About the business
The Giesen Group is a family-owned and operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine and beer. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand both domestically and also on the international stage where they export premium quality wine across the world.
About the role
The Cellar Master is a strategically important role within our Blenheim Winery team. Reporting to the Operations Winemaker, accountabilities include being responsible for the overall day-to-day management and coordination of the cellar and cellar team; management of internal training systems; maintaining cellar hygiene to a high standard; co-ordinating with site engineers ensuring maintenance of all equipment; and working with winemaking team in planning to meet production demands including vintage preparation.
It goes without saying, creating a culture of innovation and service delivery excellence will be essential to success in this role. You will be highly-organised and have previous experience and the ability to manage a winery team. You will be an active leader and communicator, increasing the effectiveness and efficiencies across all areas of the winery.
In addition, you will have:
- Exceptionally strong collaborative people leadership skills and the ability to motivate and empower others to achieve individual and organisational goals.
- Experience with managing direct reports.
- A minimum of 5 years technical and practical winery experience, with a thorough understanding of Wine production.
This role will take full advantage of your excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to build great relationships at all levels. While needing a high level of “know-how”, drive and initiative you will also have that balance of people leadership skills combined with a pragmatic approach. In return you’ll get to exercise autonomy and creativity in a rewarding environment.
If you are ready to join us on our journey, we would love to hear from you today! To apply please send your CV through to email@example.com.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.