Cellar Hand - Permanent
Company: Yealands Wine Group
Uploaded: 17 September 2020
Closes: 16 October 2020
In 2008, a wild and rugged stretch of coastline on the north-eastern tip of New Zealand’s South Island became home to one of the most sustainable wineries in the world.
In just 12 years, Yealands has grown to be one of NZ’s most recognised wine labels with an award-winning reputation.
Yealands is currently looking for a permanent Cellar Hand to join an enthusiastic, hard working team, to play an important part in the production of our award-winning wines.
The role will be very hands-on and you will be involved in all general cellar operations from grape processing, through to final preparation of wine for packaging.
Along with the above, you can expect to be involved in:
- Fruit receival and processing
- Additions to wine/juice
- Wine intake/dispatch
- Maintaining general winery upkeep and cleanliness
Although previous experience in a Cellar Hand role is preferred, if you have the right attitude, and a passion for sustainable wine-making we are keen to hear from you!
Are you the right person for us?
- Attitude is important – being a positive, team player, with a sense of humour
- You will have a keen interest in sustainability and the wine industry
- You will have excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines
- With strong initiative you will be self-motivated and work well under pressure
- You must have the ability to work flexible hours over vintage
What’s in it for you?
- A professional team with strong ethics
- A great location - you will be working in our state of the art winery!
- Great salary, health insurance and wine allowance
- A day off on your birthday!
- 2 weeks paid parental/partners leave
If this sounds like you then apply now by submitting your CV & Cover Letter, or for more information contact Morgan Potts, Cellar Manager on 027 555 8893 or email email@example.com.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
Applications close 16 October 2020.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.