Harvest '21 Late Shift Vintage Winemaker and Late Shift Lab Supervisor
Company: GisVin Ltd
Uploaded: 16 November 2020
Closes: 16 December 2020
GisVin is a contract winemaking facility with lots of cool pumps, big hoses, big tanks, Bin Tips, Presses, RDVs, a centrifuge and a fully equipped modern laboratory.
We are seeking two extraordinary experienced individuals to assist in the running of the winery during the late shift of Harvest 2021.
The ideal candidates will have:
- The ability to start work on February 8th 2021 given the current and expected COVID-19 status
- At least four harvests under their belt in a medium-size winery as an Assistant Winemaker, Laboratory Technician or Cellar Supervisor
- Passion to produce outstanding quality-driven wines
- Detailed knowledge of winery processes including flotation and RDV operations (cellar)
- Excellent and proven people management skills
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and adapt to situations under pressure is a must
- Knowledge of winery operating systems and Excel (Vintrace would be advantageous)
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to be proactive and work unsupervised
The position will be responsible for the smooth running of the winery during the late shift in the absence of the day management team.
In return for your passion, we offer a competitive remuneration package and a full training program.
If this sounds like you, click on the "Apply Now" button, tell us about your experience and attach your CV.
The East Cape is known for its relaxed lifestyle, cultural diversity, seafood, fishing and pristine surf beaches.
Visit our website for further information.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Gisborne wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.