Moana Park – Winery Role – Assistant Winemaker – Bottling and Filtration
Company: Moana Park Estate
Uploaded: 15 September 2020
Closes: 15 October 2020
Moana Park is a progressive winery based in Hawke’s Bay, drawing fruit from New Zealand’s most prized winegrowing areas, and exporting our Lo-Fi wine all over the world.
We are currently recruiting for a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to fill the position of Bottling Line/Filtration Winemaker based out of our Hawke’s Bay Estate Winery, based in Puketapu. This is an ideal position for someone who thrives in a team environment and understands the importance of safety and quality in a production environment.
Our winery is a full-service Estate Operation from harvest through to final distribution; operating year-round and producing some of the industry’s most awarded Lo-Fi wines. Our organisation emphasizes a collaborative working environment, offering the systems and structure to support our continued growth.
As our Bottling Line and filtration winemaker, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team in operating our advanced production equipment and automated machinery, while following standard operating procedures with our bottling plant and contracted canning line, your familiarity with Cross Flow, RDV, plate and frame, lenticular and SUPRAPak Filters. You will understand the importance of curbing D.O. in a winery which specialises in low or no preservative wines.
- Assists in the operation and maintenance of production machinery and equipment
- Participates in set-up, clean-up and maintenance of production equipment
- Support in the logistics of a fast-paced, high quality, small wine estate.
- Manages bottling line hygiene, maintenance schedule, set up, bottling and QC
- Assists in inspection of finished goods for quality control purposes
- Fully supports the company policies and core values, and safety practices
- General Winery work, harvest work, hygiene, barrel work etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Production Winemaker
- Winemaking oenology or similar qualification
- Previous experience on a bottling line or production environment
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to learn quickly
- Must be detail focused
- Quality-conscious person
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.