Summer Vineyard Workers
Company: Constellation Brands NZ
Uploaded: 14 September 2020
Closes: 14 October 2020
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with power brands like Kim Crawford dominating in overseas markets. Here at home and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and The Peoples Wine. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of creating brands worth reaching for.
About the Role
If you want an outside job this summer from around November to February and you like rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in, we’ve got the work for you. Join us in beautiful Marlborough wine country to help us get our grapes and vines ready for Harvest 2021. You will be out on the vineyard where our award-winning wines originate. You’ll learn some valuable skills and who knows you may even decide a career in viticulture is for you. If that’s the case, you’ll get to meet people that could help make this a reality.
So, what does the work involve?
- Physical work like bud rubbing, shoot thinning, wire lifting (you might want to google these…)
- Approx. 8-hour days, 40-45 hours per week – start early, finish early
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- A reasonable level of fitness
- A current full or restricted driver’s licence
Benefits & Culture
- Social events like Friday Night Drinks, BBQs and wine tastings, plus a safe ride home
- Minimum wage plus ability to earn a premium if you’re fast and quality focused
- Opportunity for an additional 3-month contract to work through 2021 Harvest in the winery
- Some flexibility for time off around the Christmas and New Year period
- Meet and work with the awesome Constellation team - people from all walks of life and expertise right across winemaking
Constellation Brands is a member of Diversity Works New Zealand. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value and encourage participation of all applicants regardless of their background.
If you’re interested, apply now via the relevant link before the close date on 24 September 2020 or for a confidential conversation email Melanie Galt via email@example.com. For more information about us, visit www.constellationnz.com.
Only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role. Please proceed to application if you hold a current work visa or citizenship/passport.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.