Company: Wairau River Wines
Uploaded: 14 September 2020
Closes: 14 October 2020
Vintage Crew 2021
Established in 1978 by Phil & Chris Rose, Rose Family Estate produces wines exclusively sourced from our estate vineyards. We are a small, passionate team who love to crank up the music and get stuck into harvest.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our band for Vintage 2021, with fixed-term positions available from mid-February through to the end of vintage. Perks of the gig include working in a state-of-the-art winery, delicious chef-prepared harvest meals, support with accommodation and transport, and the chance to work with outstanding quality fruit across a range of different varieties.
If you are a badass kiwi, or international superstar already in New Zealand, we have positions available for experienced:
- Senior Cellar Hands
- Lab Technicians
- RDV Operators
By experienced we mean a minimum of 3 vintages under your belt, with some roles more suited to those with a tertiary qualification in winemaking.
In addition, you are the kind of person who:
- Has a strong work ethic, shows initiative, and loves rolling up your sleeves to get amongst it.
- Enjoys working in a tight-knit team, is physically fit, and has great communication skills.
- Thrives under pressure, has excellent time management, and strong problem-solving ability.
- Is willing to work rostered shifts, including weekends and extended hours as required.
If you are stoked to be part of the crew for Vintage 2021, send us your demo tape (CV) via the link below.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.