Company: Babich Wines Limited
Uploaded: 11 September 2020
Closes: 09 October 2020
Babich Wines Ltd is a family-owned company that is celebrating 104 years of wine making this year. We have a new winery and seven company vineyards covering 400ha in Marlborough that export wine to over 50 countries. The company has a reputation for producing quality wines and strong cultural values.
We are looking for a motivated, capable and physically fit individual to join our vineyard team.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed person to implement the day-to-day activities on the company vineyards under the direction of the Vineyard Operations Manager.
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Experience operating tractors and machinery
- Practical and technical knowledge of horticultural operations
- The flexibility to work additional hours at certain times of the year to complete tasks and assist with harvest
- The ability to supervise casual staff
- Display an attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and contribute to a team environment
- Commitment to health and safety policies and procedures
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate sound communication skills, and the ability to work without supervision.
Having vineyard experience, basic Word and Excel computer skills and a GrowSafe Certificate would be an advantage, but is not essential for the right person who is genuinely interested in a career in the wine industry.
The remuneration will reflect your experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in a challenging and satisfying career with a successful organisation, then please send a covering letter with your CV by 09 October 2020 to the Vineyard Operations Manager, Tony McIntyre, TonyMcIntyre@babichwines.co.nz.
Or post to 6 Fielder Close, Cloudy Bay Business Park 7274, Blenheim, New Zealand, or by using the "apply" button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.