Company: Yealands Wine Group
Uploaded: 11 September 2020
Closes: 11 October 2020
In 2008, a wild and rugged stretch of coastline on the north-eastern tip of New Zealand’s South Island became home to one of the most sustainable wineries in the world.
In just 11 years, Yealands has grown to be one of NZ’s most recognised wine labels with an award-winning reputation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Grower Liaison to manage and develop new and existing grower relationships in the Marlborough region. You will be the face of Yealands to our grower network, nurturing relationships that are critical to our grape supply. We are looking for someone with exceptional interpersonal and client relationship skills, as well as a deep passion for the industry.
Reporting to the Technical Viticulturist, your role will include:
- Managing and ensuring adherence to all grower contracts
- Negotiating grower contracts to align with wine sales forecast
- Building strong relationships with our growers to foster innovative ways of working
- Monitoring grower crops for quality and volume
- Providing technical advice to growers
- Supporting and advising growers to assist them in meeting and maintaining compliance requirements
- Actively engaging with our sustainability initiatives
Although industry experience is not a must, you will have a technical mind and have experience working in a client-facing role in the agricultural or horticultural space.
Are you the right person for us?
- Attitude is important - being a positive, team player, with a sense of humour
- You will have a keen interest in sustainability and the wine industry
- You will have excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines
- With strong initiative, you will be self-motivated and work well under pressure
- You must have the ability to work flexible hours over vintage and hold a current NZ Drivers Licence
What’s in it for you?
- A professional team with strong ethics
- A great location - with an office base in the heart of our Seaview Vineyard
- Great salary, health insurance and wine allowance
- A day off on your birthday!
- 2 weeks paid parental/partners leave
Opportunities like this don’t come around often. You will be working with an experienced team and provided with the support to excel.
If this sounds like you, then apply now by submitting your CV & Cover Letter.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.