Company: Giesen Group
Uploaded: 08 September 2020
Closes: 08 October 2020
Firstly a bit about us - The Giesen Group is a family owned and operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine and beer. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand both domestically and also on the international stage where they export premium quality wine across the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress and develop your career with a leading and well recognised wine company. You will support the Premium Vineyards Manager with operations on Giesen Premium Vineyard sites, as well work in collaboration with the company Viticulturist and Grower Viticulturist during key times of the year. This role will cover many facets of viticulture ranging from general operations to technical tasks. For the right candidate and once the graduate role has been mastered, there may also be the opportunity to spend time working within the winery.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Various machinery operations.
- Working alongside and supervising contract labour when required.
- Assisting with P&D monitoring and technical trials.
- Harvest administration and liaison.
- Assisting with budgeting and other Viticulture admin tasks.
In addition, you will also:
- Have a tertiary qualification in Viticulture, Horticulture, or several years experience in viticulture or a related field.
- Be a natural leader who can communicate clearly and someone who doesn’t mind getting stuck in and rolling their sleeves up!
- Have technical and practical knowledge of viticulture.
- Be prepared to work extended hours during the growing season and harvest.
- Have a sound knowledge of compliance requirements related to the viticulture and wine industry.
If you want to take the next step in your career, then we need to chat! This role will take full advantage of your proactive communication skills and ability to build genuine relationships at all levels. While needing a high level of “know-how”, drive and initiative, you will also have that balance of technical skills combined with a pragmatic approach. In return you’ll get to exercise autonomy and creativity in a rewarding and fun team environment.
If you are ready to branch out we would love to hear from you today. To apply, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.