Marlborough Cadet (Winery & Viticulture)
Company: Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 07 September 2020
Closes: 07 October 2020
Villa Maria is 100% family-owned and is New Zealand’s Most Awarded winery. For the last four consecutive years Villa Maria has been named in the top ten most-admired wine brands in the world and number one in New Zealand by Drinks International. At Villa Maria we are as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine.
A leader in sustainability, innovation and quality, Villa Maria is a family-owned winery recognised as an icon in the New Zealand wine industry. Listed as ‘Third Most Admired Wine Brand in the World,’ Villa Maria now exports to over 60 countries. This is an exciting opportunity to build a career with a dynamic and progressive wine-making company. Our Marlborough-Based winery and quality-focused vineyards from across the region offer our people the opportunity to work with super premium fruit.
Split between the Viticulture and Cellar Operations teams, we are looking for 5 cadets to join us for a 2 year fixed term. This is an opportunity to dip your toe into the industry and learn about both Cellar (Winery) and Viticulture operations.
- Vintage Cellar Operations including barrel work, tank cleaning, machine operation, forklift operation, use of additives, sampling, accurate completion of required paperwork, etc
- Willingness to learn and comply with winery regulations and compliance
- Accurately collect and record yield data using Vinea app throughout the growing season
- Assist Viticulture Technical Manager with seasonal duties such as pest and disease monitoring, maturity sampling and other quality control tasks as required
- Assist Vineyard Operation teams with vineyard operations, repairs and maintenance, including trellising and irrigation repairs, basic machinery operation work, young vine training
In order to be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Flexibility to work shift hours, weekend and early starts, particularly during our grape harvest, including weekends
- Desire to be an active participant and keen to learn in our team environment
- High attention to detail and strive to produce high quality wines
- Strong initiative with a focus on continual improvement
- Proficiency on app based software
- Full NZ (or equivalent) Drivers Licence
This role would be suitable for a recent graduate or someone looking to gain experience in the industry.
To apply, please attach your curriculum vitae, cover letter and complete the application form.
Due to boarder closures, we will only be accepting applicants from New Zealand residents or international applicants who are currently in New Zealand and legally able to work.
Evidence of a work visa or residency will be required.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.