Experienced Cellar Hand
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 06 September 2020
Closes: 06 October 2020
Pernod Ricard Winemakers New Zealand has a permanent position available for an experienced Cellar Hand with relevant experience and skills. We are seeking a positive, capable and self-motivated individual to join our full-time permanent team. This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of Marlborough’s largest wineries.
- An opportunity to work for a global company
- Career development opportunities
- Work in a large winery with some innovative technology and with a clear safety focus.
You will not only have access to a great team environment, but you will also receive a product allowance and following 12 months of service access to medical insurance for you and your family. There are real career opportunities for you here.
Our Cellar Hands play an integral part in the wine production process from grape receival to finished wine dispatch. They assist with all aspects of juice and wine processing ensuring work is carried out on time and using quality cellar practices.
To be successful in this role you will need a can-do attitude, enthusiasm, to be hard working and have the ability to thrive in a continuous improvement environment with a safety focus. Due to the technical nature of some of the processing operations, you will need to be comfortable working with semi-automated equipment and have problem-solving skills. You should have a practical aptitude and good communication skills. An interest in wine would be advantageous.
As an experienced Cellar Hand you will meet the following requirements:
- Work across 3 vintages with further experience outside of vintage
- Previous experience working in a large technological winery
- Specific skills in the operation of any of the following equipment; crossflow filtration, centrifuge, decanter, dynamos, flotation
As this role is physically active, a good level of strength and fitness is important. In addition, a full clean Driver’s Licence is desirable. Our sites are all Smokefree.
Please note we will only accept applications from those within New Zealand and with the current ability to legally work within New Zealand.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.