Laboratory Technician/Cellar Hand
Company: Mission Estate Winery
Uploaded: 03 September 2020
Closes: 20 September 2020
Mission Estate is a premium Hawke’s Bay winemaker producing wines for domestic and export markets. This role is a great opportunity to join our talented winemaking team, supporting laboratory and cellar functions.
- The full range of laboratory functions to support the winemaking process
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory procedures and record keeping
- Quality Assurance to ensure compliance with regulations and quality processes
- Assist with cellar operations including wine transfers, racking, barrel work, filtration and blending
- Assist with the bottling line, stock control, and vintage
Skills and experience:
- Experience in laboratory work and chemistry knowledge
- Experience in cellar functions preferred
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes in a wine or food production environment
- Physically fit and capable of manual handling
- Flexible and willing to turn your hand to a range of winery tasks as needed
Mission Estate is New Zealand’s oldest winery, established in 1851, with vineyards in Hawke’s Bay and Marlborough planted with all major varieties, producing wines from the entry level to the super premium and luxury wine. We are also proud to own the historic Ngatarawa brands. The team is based in our modern winery and warehouse facility at our beautiful Hawke’s vineyard.
If you are interested in this role and joining Mission Estate, please apply now with your CV and cover letter.
Applications close Sunday 20 September 2020.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.