Plough Person - Skilled Vineyard Worker
Uploaded: 03 September 2020
Closes: 25 September 2020
Plough Person and Skilled Vineyard Worker
Churton has been operating its iconic vineyard and winemaking enterprise for 25 years. Our hillside vineyard is certified organic and run according to biodynamic farming methods. We are always looking to improve and upgrade our management of the terroir according to a strong ecological ethos. We are looking to recruit an experienced horse-drawn plough person to manage our under vine programme.
Essential Skills required:
- Experience of ploughing with a horse in the vineyard
- Equine husbandry skills
- Manual dexterity and a very high level of physical fitness
- Strong vineyard experience
- Tractor driving skills for all vineyard operations: spraying, canopy management under vine management
- Strong commitment to organic or biodynamic vineyard management
- Demonstrate an ability to innovate in an organic environment
- Tertiary qualification
If you have a passion for horses, vineyards and wine, please send us your CV and covering letter to: Sam Weaver Sam@churton-wines.co.nz.
Applications close Friday 25th September 2020
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.