Company: Te Kano Estate
Uploaded: 03 September 2020
Closes: 30 September 2020
Te Kano Estate is one of Central Otago’s newest and most exciting wine ventures. With close to 50 hectares of vineyards over 3 sites in the Cromwell basin, we are seeking an experienced, motivated, and passionate person to join the team.
This role is largely machinery based but also covers the full range of vineyard tasks, including vine hand work, repairs and maintenance of trellis and irrigation and participation in the companies extensive native regeneration program.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for wine and grape growing.
- Previous vineyard tractor experience, especially in the areas of equipment calibration, crop spraying, trimming, fertiliser spreading, leaf plucking on challenging terrain is necessary.
- Experience with undervine weeding equipment is desirable.
- Grow Safe certificate an advantage.
- A hands-on approach to all vineyard tasks, working either independently or part of a team.
- A sunny and cheerful personality, seeking constant improvement.
- Great communication skills and the ability to accurately follow written spray instructions and associated reporting.
- A current NZ care driver's licence and preferably class 2 license to operate the company’s truck.
- Be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
This is a fun and diverse role, working with a small passionate team of fun people, it offers a chance to make your mark and be a part of a legacy.
Applications close Friday the 30th of September 2020.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.