2021 Vintage Cellar Hands - Marlborough
Company: Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 20 November 2020
Closes: 19 December 2020
A leader in sustainability, innovation and quality, Villa Maria is a family-owned winery recognised as an icon in the New Zealand wine industry. Listed as ‘Third Most Admired Wine Brand in the World’ Villa Maria now exports to over 60 countries.
We are now seeking Vintage Cellar Hands to join us in Marlborough for the 2021 harvest season. So, we need experienced and inexperienced people to join our team as we have different levels of Cellar Hand roles to offer.
What we need from you:
- Share our culture of Health & Safety first and be eager to learn our processes and procedures.
- Be physically fit and have a positive attitude with a hands-on approach.
- Be self-motivated and energetic with a great work ethic.
- The ability to multitask and work well under pressure, while having a strong attention to detail.
- Forklift competency will be highly valued.
What we will offer you:
- A competitive remuneration rate
- A daily shift meal
- Relevant training depending on the experience you bring
- A safe and supportive work environment
Vintage Cellar Hand
If you come with a willingness to learn and have an optimistic, can-do attitude and enjoy physical work, you will be offered a full induction and training program for the role. Previous experience with grape receival, pressing, crushing, barrel work, wine/juice transfer and racking and clarification processes will be a distinct advantage,however not essential, as we will provide training to ensure you are ready for Harvest.
Senior Vintage Cellar Hand
For these roles, you will need to have excellent communication skills as you will work closely with our Area Supervisors and will be assisting with the training, leading and managing of small teams of people during Harvest. You must have the ability to competently undertake several tasks at once while also having a strong attention to detail. Previous experience in the winery and a high level of proficiency with most cellar operations, are essential. Health and Safety will be your priority while ensuring all operations are completed efficiently and to the highest standard.
If you want to have the opportunity to work with our highly dedicated team of passionate people and make fantastic wines, we would love to hear from you!
We are offering fixed term work for our 2021 harvest period. Shift work will be required and during the peak of harvest working up to 12-hour shifts, across 6 days.
Due to border closures we will only be accepting applications from New Zealand Residents or international applicants who are currently in New Zealand
Evidence of a Work Visa or Residency will be required.
Don't miss out on an opportunity to join our 2021 vintage team. Apply now.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.