Assistant Winemaker and Vineyard Hand
Company: Cable Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 26 August 2020
Closes: 26 September 2020
A little about us
Cable Bay Vineyards is a premium boutique wine company based on Waiheke Island, New Zealand.
We have estate owned vineyards in two of New Zealand’s most exciting wine appellations; Waiheke Island and the Awatere Valley, Marlborough. We follow sustainable winegrowing practises in all of our vineyards, and our site in the Awatere is certified organic. We are passionate about producing premium wines that are expressive of the site upon which they are grown.
Our winery is located amongst our vineyards on Waiheke Island, with elegant surroundings and stunning views over the Hauraki Gulf. We have our own olive grove, vegetable gardens, orchard, beehives and hens and these too are farmed sustainably for use in our restaurant, cellar door and luxury accommodation.
An outline of your role
We are looking to employ an Assistant Winemaker and Vineyard Hand, for a fixed-term period (4th January 2021 – 24th December 2021) to assist with all winemaking and vineyard processes. You will also support wine sales, by taking tours and tastings onsite, and working in the cellar door.
It is a diverse role, and one of great opportunity.
You must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Oenology & Viticulture
- An ability to recognise and execute meticulous detail in cellar and vineyard operations
- Proficiency in laboratory operations
- A high level of logistical skill and an aptitude for record keeping
- High energy levels and motivation
- Great interpersonal skills
We will provide you with:
- Professional development & training
- A diverse role across the whole industry spectrum
- The opportunity to work within a young, dynamic team who are passionate about wine
- A competitive salary
For more information check out our website www.cablebay.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here