Company: Rockburn Wines Ltd
Uploaded: 19 August 2020
Closes: 19 October 2020
The successful applicants will be working with the winemaking team for 6-8 weeks, essentially doing two vintages back-to-back as our fruit comes from several different sub-regions; usually working about 10-hours a day, up to 7 days/week.
We provide accommodation nearby and lunches and pay from NZ$20/hr. Vintage starts late March. Duties will include a bit of everything, including cooking!
We are looking for people who:
- Are enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated.
- Have some experience in a cellar environment or suitable qualification.
- Are a self-starter with an eye for detail.
- Are NZ residents as international travel possibilites remain uncertain.
If you fit the bill we’d like to hear from you. Please apply using the button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.