Vintage Cellar Hands
Marlborough and Hawkes Bay
Company: Constellation Brands New Zealand
Uploaded: 12 November 2020
Closes: 13 February 2021
*PLEASE APPLY FOR ONLY ONE LOCATION*
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with our brands such as Kim Crawford driving category growth across the Pacific. Here at home and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of creating brands worth reaching for.
About the Role
We now have roles available for Vintage 2021 where our award-winning wines are produced. We are currently hiring for Vintage Cellar Hands at our Blenheim (South Island) and Hawkes Bay (North Island) Wineries.
We ask that you please apply for one location as your top choice.
Blenheim, Marlborough is the heart of our Sauvignon Blanc operations. You will get the opportunity to work with our winemakers to create our distinctive Kim Crawford wines. Kim Crawford is the No 1 NZ Sauvignon Blanc in the USA and Canada. Blenheim is also home to our small-batch wines and luxury Pinot Noir. Estimated start date for vintage at this location is early March 2021.
, near Hastings in Hawkes Bay, is home to our growing Merlot Rose programme and award-winning Chardonnay. This North Island site offers the largest range of wines and styles of our wineries in both varietals and styles. From sparkling to low-alcohol wines and barrel management, this site will have a great variety of tasks. Estimated start date for vintage at this location is early to mid-February 2021.
- Following all safety procedures, ensuring proper PPE, incident reporting, etc
- Harvest operations, including supervising, crushing and pressing
- Assist with the cellar operations around blending, fining, clarification, preparation and despatch
- Speak and understand a basic level of English
- Ability to meet NZ work visa requirements
- A good level of fitness to work up to 12-hour shifts, up to 6 days per week
- Prior vintage experience OR an exceptional can-do work ethic
- A passion for wine and all things ‘grape’
- Enjoy being part of an international team
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test, including marijuana
- A degree in viticulture or winemaking would be an advantage
Benefits and Culture
We offer a team environment in a great part of the world. First class training on arrival and an awesome vintage party when the grapes are all harvested. We offer competitive pay, a meal per shift, safety clothing and a great experience.
Apply now or visit for more information.
Constellation Brands is a member of Diversity Works New Zealand. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value and encourage participation of all applicants regardless of their background.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.