Vintage Crew 2021
Company: Giesen Group
Uploaded: 18 November 2020
Closes: 18 February 2021
Vintage Crew - 2021
- Want to experience the vintage of a lifetime with an iconic New Zealand wine brand?
- Build your winemaking experience in one of NZ’s most stunning natural environments
- Contribute to our award-winning team while enjoying the best of Marlborough, with all-inclusive package options for accommodation and food
We’re looking for Cellar Hands to join our Marlborough team for our 2021 Harvest and we’d love you to join us.
Firstly a bit about us - The Giesen Group is a family-owned and operated, internationally-recognised producer of premium New Zealand wine and beer. Established in 1981 by the Giesen Brothers, we’re seen as pioneers in the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. We export premium quality wine across the world, with strong brands on both domestic and international stages.
Here’s what’s on offer!
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid seasonal accommodation option set on several acres alongside the Opawa River, including laundry service and transport to and from work
- Two meals per day provided during 12 hour shifts and one meal per day during reduced vintage hours
- The opportunity to grow your skills and experience, and receive full in-house training on all vintage SOPs
- Immigration support, assistance sourcing accommodation if needed, and on-going pre-vintage communication
- An awesome working environment and the opportunity to work with a world class team of passionate hardworking people!
To be successful, you will:
- Be energetic, motivated and hard-working
- Show passion for making wine and the wine industry
- Be able to problem-solve, work under pressure and have strong attention to detail
- Have good English speaking and writing skills
- Be physically fit and have a great attitude
- Ideally have worked a vintage or two with prior cellar experience (although this is not essential as we have comprehensive training)
The Harvest employment period is February to May. Shift work will be required and during the peak of vintage you’ll be working up to 12-hour shifts across 6 days.
If you’re keen to branch out, we’d love to hear from you! Send your CV to email@example.com today.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.