Cellar Hands - Vintage 2021
Company: Marisco Vineyards Ltd
Uploaded: 05 August 2020
Closes: 05 October 2020
Home of our favourite brands The Ned, Leefield Station, The Kings Series and Craft Series, Marisco Vineyards is located in the Waihopai Valley on the banks of the Waihopai River, Marlborough.
We are a progressive wine company committed to building brands and taking the unique Marlborough, New Zealand story of wine to the world.
Marisco Vineyard’s Waihopai River Winery is a 9500-tonne new generation facility with all the latest technology for producing premium and super premium wines. For harvest 2021, Marisco Vineyards will also be recruiting vintage staff for its brand new, Leefield Station-based winery.
Vintage cellar staff are responsible for carrying out the day-to-day winery operations as planned by the winemaking team. All successful applicants will be offered fixed-term agreements for an eight-week period, likely starting around 1st March 2021. Actual start dates will be finalised early in 2021. Full training with a Health and Safety induction will be provided.
We are currently recruiting cellar crew for the V21 harvest and seeking:
- Vintage Supervisors
- Vintage Cellar Hands
What you will receive from us:
- Daily shift meals (when working 12hr shifts).
- Winery welcome pack with gift.
- Full in-house training on all vintage SOPs.
- Skill-building opportunities.
- A safe and supportive work environment.
What we expect of you:
- To be able to work within the company’s Health & Safety environment.
- Ability to work to tight timelines and under pressure.
- Ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
- Be physically fit and have a positive attitude.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Let us know if you have press operation, flotation, ferment management and additional skills.
We want you to be enthusiastic and willing to make a positive contribution to harvest!
While experience is preferred, we will provide full training to applicants that demonstrate a keen interest and willingness to learn.
All international applicants are required to obtain a work visa - assistance is available if it is necessary.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.