Assistant Plant and Equipment Manager
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 31 July 2020
Closes: 31 August 2020
Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional terroirs within their appellation and our wineries have all broken new ground by pioneering new or forgotten regions, or through innovative and distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough, but also embodies New Zealand's unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines that express our regional and national character through the Cloudy Bay lens.
Reporting to the Vineyard Plant & Equipment Manager, we’re looking for a Plant & Equipment Assistant Manager to assist with the management and provision of plant, machinery, equipment and personnel support to Cloudy Bay’s Marlborough Vineyards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to share your passion for wine, your operational vineyard knowledge and your management skills.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of all operational activities, including the herbicide and fungicide programs, canopy management tasks, soil management and vineyard re-development activities such as re-planting or re-trellising.
- Assisting with vehicle and machinery repairs and maintenance, to ensure the fleet is in operational and safe working order
- Coordinating operational activities by planning tasks and recording their completion in the respective works program
- During harvest, assisting in the planning, conduct and management of vineyard machine harvest operations
- Assisting with the implementation of strategies to build and maintain a dedicated and positive team environment, which includes participating in the induction, the training and the management of the permanent and fixed-term Vineyard Operators
- Maintaining and improving safety in the workplace, supporting Cloudy Bay’s Health & Safety programme at all times, and fostering a culture of safety within the work environment
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A Tertiary qualification in viticulture or horticulture to diploma level is desirable
- An extensive practical vineyard experience and thorough knowledge of operation of all vineyard equipment and procedures is essential
- Experience in first line repairs and maintenance of viticulture equipment
- The ability to undertake cost-benefit analysis and planning
- Developed people management skills and understanding of employment law and Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, such as integrity, discretion and trust
- Developed computing skills including Word and Excel to intermediate level
- Class 1 License essential. Class 2, 4 W, F licenses desirable
- DG, Growsafe, and Approved Handler certificates are desirable
- First aid Certificate is desirable
If you are interested in applying, please visit our Career Website: https://apply.workable.com/cloudy-bay-vineyards/j/239FB7CFE5/
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.