Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 29 July 2020
Closes: 29 August 2020
- An opportunity to work for a global company
- Marlborough location
- Benefits like product allowance
An opportunity has come up for a Viticulture Technician with people management and viticulture experience to support the Wairau Sites Manager, with leading, planning and implementing day-to-day activities across 1600ha of our PRW vineyards. This position would provide additional visibility, leadership, coordination, planning and technical expertise for the Wairau-based operations team, while also actively participating in operational tasks.
We are seeking a positive, experienced and self-motivated individual to join our established viticulture team.
This is a varied role, you will be required to work on any of our Marlborough vineyards and be actively involved in managing and leading all aspects of vineyard work, from operating various types of vine management activities, use of LUVs and tractors and tractor mounted implements, irrigation installation and maintenance, grape marc spreading and hand harvesting as required.
So what are the sorts of things you can expect from this role?
- Supporting the Sites Manager with leading, planning and implementing day-to-day activities including vine management, staff activities and allocation of resources.
- Assist in planning and recruitment of suitably-skilled staff to ensure work is completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner having regard to the Vineyard Operational Plan, budget and following company processes.
- To provide technical support and actively contribute and make recommendations regarding possible improvements in vineyard operational efficiency and/or quality and productivity.
- Assist in ensuring that vintage operations are carried out with maximum efficiency in a safe manner without compromising quality.
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- Degree/Diploma in Viticulture/Horticulture completed,or in progress, is preferable or equivalent proven industry experience.
- Technical expertise and competence with vineyard related tools, equipment and machinery.
- Proven leadership skills and/or abilities.
- Ability to work with an iPad for internal systems with training provided.
- Ability to work as part of a team, strong communication skills, motivated, organised with great time management skills.
We are one of New Zealand's premier wine and spirits companies. We represent a rich portfolio of brands that makes us intensely proud - a position achieved through hard work and a great culture. We provide southern cross insurance for you and your family after a years service, we provide a great product allowance and other benefits.
The successful applicant must have a current full drivers license and be prepared to work additional hours, particularly during Vintage.
- We will be reviewing applications as they come in.
- Please note all our sites are Smokefree and pre employment drug testing is required.
- You must have the ability to legally work within New Zealand for us to consider your application.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.