Vintage Cellar Hands Wanted
Company: The Hunting Lodge
Uploaded: 28 July 2020
Closes: 28 August 2020
Join our Harvest Team... Vintage Cellar Hands Wanted
(Fixed Term Contract)
Brix & Co Limited is a large-scale beverage business located at The Hunting Lodge grounds in Waimauku, Auckland. We have an experienced and passionate team with capabilities spanning winemaking and other beverage production, laboratory services, packaging and warehousing.
We're looking for Cellar Hands to cover the busy 2021 vintage period in this winery.
Reporting to the Beverage Manager & Production Winemaker, this is a fast-paced and exciting role within the cellar team, primarily wine-focused for the harvest period.
You'll need to:
- Be energetic, physically-fit and willing to continuously improve
- Have the ability to work autonomously and competently in a busy team environment
- Possess strong communication skills, attention to detail and a sense of humour
- Have a passion for wine, quality and health and safety standards
- Be willing to work on a rostered basis, which includes shift work and 6-day weeks
Previous experience in cellar operations and/or a wine harvest would be an advantage.
To register your interest in the role, please submit your CV by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Applicants must have the right to work in NZ. Please provide evidence of your Work Visa or Citizenship with your application.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.