Company: Viticultura Group Ltd
Uploaded: 28 July 2020
Closes: 28 August 2020
Viticultura Contracting are looking for new enthused team members to join our diverse team. Based in Cromwell, we are a large contract grower and produce premium wines for some of New Zealand’s leading brands working predominately with pinot noir.
To be successful, applicants must be practical and hands-on. Previous experience in a vineyard is preferred, however applicants with no experience will be considered.
The key tasks of this role include:
- Vineyard spray applications, machinery maintenance, hands-on irrigation, trellis and general maintenance, canopy management, trimming, mowing, net winding and harvest operations.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experienced in driving tractors - using vineyard or orchard sprayers and other vineyard equipment is a bonus
- A positive 'can-do' attitude and able to work well independently
- Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn
- Sound mechanical understanding will be an advantage
- Knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
The successful applicant will have the ability to build rapport and trust around them, be able to show initiative and collaborate well with staff and the managers. Being a self-motivating individual, and take pride in your work.
We can offer a solid career path with the opportunity of advancement with competitive pay rates. Joining our team offers the opportunity to work with some of Central Otago’s best wine industry professionals and gain exposure to a broad range of techniques and practices in viticulture. We believe in working hard, having fun, and are passionate about growing great wine.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.