Assistant Winemaker - Marlborough
Company: Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 24 July 2020
Closes: 14 August 2020
Villa Maria is internationally-renowned as a winemaker of super premium New Zealand red and white wines, recognised as one of the top 10 most admired wine brands in the world by Drinks International, and is New Zealand’s most awarded winery.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to build a career with a dynamic and progressive company. Our modern Marlborough based winery and our quality focused vineyards from across the region offer our employees the opportunity to work with super premium fruit.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist winemaking processes, including daily update of Ezy-wine cellar operations
- Assist with traceability tasks such as drygoods audits and barrel stock-takes
- Knowledge and awareness of winemaking regulations and compliance
- Provide lab technician support, including tasks such as sample collection and conducting routine analysis, monitoring fermentations and setting up sensory trials
- Perform key public relations role as required, hosting guests or tastings
- This role would ideally suit someone with previous experience in a fast paced large winery environment, with a working knowledge of winemaking software and Microsoft Excel
In order to be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Flexibility to work shift hours during our grape harvest, including weekends
- Desire to be an active participant and keen to learn in our team environment
- High attention to detail and strive to produce high-quality wines
- Strong initiative with a focus on continual improvement
To apply, please attach your curriculum vitae, cover letter and complete the application form. Preference will be given to applicants already in New Zealand with eligibility to work in NZ indefinitely.
Applications close Friday 14 August, 2020.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.