Winemaking & Viticulture Intern - Marlborough
Company: Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 24 July 2020
Closes: 14 August 2020
Villa Maria is internationally-renowned as a winemaker of super premium New Zealand red and white wines, recognised as one of the top 10 most admired wine brands in the world by Drinks International, and is New Zealand’s most awarded winery.
These positions offer an exciting opportunity to build a career with a dynamic and progressive company. Our modern Marlborough-based winery and our quality-focused vineyards from across the region, offer our employees the opportunity to work with super premium fruit.
This is a 3 year fixed-term internship based in Marlborough.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist winemaking processes, including daily update of Ezy-wine cellar operations
- Assist with traceability tasks such as drygoods audits and barrel stocktakes
- Willingness to learn and comply with winemaking regulations and compliance
- Accurately collect and record yield data using Vinea app throughout the growing season
- Assist Viticulture Technical Manager with seasonal duties such as pest and disease monitoring, maturity sampling and other quality control tasks as required
- This role would ideally suit a recent graduate from a Viticulture, Oenology, Horticulture or similar Agricultural studies, be a keen fast learner and be proficient on Apps-based software.
In order to be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Flexibility to work shift hours during our grape harvest, including weekends
- Desire to be an active participant and keen to learn in our team environment
- High attention to detail and strive to produce high-quality wines
- Strong initiative with a focus on continual improvement
To apply, please attach your curriculum vitae, cover letter and complete the application form. Preference will be given to applicants already in New Zealand with eligibility to work in NZ indefinitely.
Applications close Friday 14 August, 2020.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.