Cellar Door Host Sales Attendant - Casual
Company: Cape Mentelle Vineyards
Uploaded: 01 July 2020
Closes: 01 August 2020
Cape Mentelle Vineyard is proud to be one of Margaret River’s ‘founding’ wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. We aim to produce wines that capture a unique sense of place in every bottle. These characteristics are defined by our pristine coastal location, unique soils and 50 years of viticultural history.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new casual staff to bring their wine knowledge and exceptional customer service ability to create memorable experiences for our guests. In this role you will have the opportunity to build an intimate knowledge of our wines and winemaking process and use this knowledge to lead our guests on engaging tours of the winery and generate sales from positive customer experiences.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Welcome all guests to the cellar door, offering an exceptional service at all times whilst demonstrating intimate knowledge of Cape Mentelle wines
- Lead engaging tours for the ‘behind the scenes’ tour and tasting
- Assume responsibility for the delivery of exceptional customer service to all visitors at all times
- Sell the wine club offers to visitors and recruit new members
- Consistently seek opportunities to increase the overall experience for visitors
- Process the sale of wine merchandise and gift vouchers
- Assist the Cellar Door Supervisor in the support of tours including administrative requirements and any ongoing improvements to the customer’s tour experience
- Ensure the tasting room and back office is clean and presentable at all times, including actions on the weekly cleaning roster
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A current RSA certificate
- Prior knowledge of best practice in service and food/wine
- A passion for creating engaging experiences with customers
- Exceptional ability to provide memorable service
- A high standard of personal presentation
- High energy and a positive attitude
This position is to be filled 3 days per week including one day of the weekend (Saturday and Sunday rotating).
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.