Company: Moana Park Winery
Uploaded: 29 June 2020
Closes: 29 July 2020
Moana Park Winery in Hawkes Bay is looking for a new team member to operate our viticultural equipment in our three vineyards in Hawke's Bay.
This is a hands-on role in a small team, you will want to continue our conversion to full organic status, while continuing to redevelop our Gimblett Road and Puketapu sites to full production.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to use their excellent viticultural knowledge and experience, in a range of different projects and sites.
The successful applicant will have the following key skills and attributes.
The key tasks of this role include:
- tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, sweeping, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating, gondola and harvester driving
- canopy management, pruning and vine training
- irrigation management; service and maintenance of system
- accountability to follow best practices procedures of vineyard operations, process and systems
- supervision of contract vineyard labour and company casual vineyard staff when required
- contributing to the quality and safety culture of Moana Park
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in vineyard or other operational agricultural businesses
- A sound understanding of viticultural principles and practices
- Enjoy working in a mechanical and groundwork-based role
- Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong team
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
- Class 1 valid driver’s license
- Desirable: Class 2, 4, W, F license. HASNO, Growsafe, Approved Handler certification
This is hands-on operational role in a business which operates within LEAN Manufacturing protocols. The job will be based at Puketapu, but may also cover the vineyard sites around New Zealand, in Auckland, Marlborough Central Otago. The role also encompasses ground work for our Cellar Door facility. The role best suits someone who can work as part of a team as well as autonomously, as well as working in an environment where the supervision of contractors is a requirement.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.