Company: GisVin Ltd
Uploaded: 22 June 2020
Closes: 22 July 2020
If the idea of working in a cutting-edge winery, in a world-class, multicultural wine region appeals – and you don't mind equally world-class sun, surf, sand and food – then we need to hear from you!
GisVin produces a wide range of varietals for some of the country's and the world's largest wine brands. Working to the highest standards (we are BRC and AA certified) we are looking for a motivated, experienced Cellar Master to join our team.
The Cellar Master is responsible for the continuous smooth running of the winery cellar, from the entry of the grapes, through the bottling stage and then distribution. This includes staff management and training, taking responsibility for the upkeep of the cellar, including its hygiene and maintenance, and water hose management.
The position requires:
- Sufficient practical experience in cellar supervisory position, in a medium-sized winery or bigger, to be competent operating and overseeing the operation of large processing machinery (usually around three years).
- Experience in harvest supervision.
- Experience in off-season winery processing.
- Practical experience in overseeing wine/juice additions, tank/line sanitising, and plant hygiene.
- A detailed knowledge of winery processes including flotation, pressing and RDV operations.
- Knowledge of winery operating systems. Experience with Vintrace would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of HACCP/GFSi programme is preferred.
- A forklift licence or willingness to go through the course to obtain one.
- A demonstrable passion for wine and for producing outstanding quality driven wines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven people-management skills.
- Excellent time-management and self-motivational skills, with the ability to be proactive and work unsupervised in the off-season.
- Great attention to detail, and ability to follow exact client specifications.
- The ability to multi-task and adapt to situations under pressure.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings, where the harvest and the processing requires it.
In return for your passion, we offer a competitive remuneration package and a full ongoing training programme.
If this sounds like you, please click on the "Apply Now" button, tell us about your experience and attach a CV including details of referees.
We will be looking to commence employment in mid-August 2020.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Gisborne wine region, click here