South Island Technical Sales Manager
Company: Laffort NZ
Uploaded: 12 March 2020
Closes: 03 April 2020
South Island Technical Sales Manager - URGENT
- Do you want to be part of a leading international company?
- Are you self-motivated and passionate about the technical side of the wine industry?
- Are you looking for an autonomous role with regular customer interaction?
Laffort is a family-owned wine technology company based in Bordeaux, France with an international reputation as a leader in wine technology innovation. Laffort has subsidiaries in most major wine growing regions of the world and has been a recognised brand in New Zealand for over 20 years.
Due to being our busiest time of the year, we are now urgently seeking a Technical Sales Manager for the Marlborough, Canterbury and Nelson regions to join our New Zealand team. This role requires a proactive, highly-driven and experienced individual who understands the wine industry across winemaking, warehousing, sales, marketing and logistics.
The role involves:
- Direct communication with winemakers on a daily basis, including weekends and public holidays during harvest
- Delivering technical product information supported by scientific reasoning, outlining practical proven quality advantages to our clients
- Providing a high level of customer service involving daily order deliveries and after sales support
- Servicing a loyal and valued clientele throughout the Marlborough, Canterbury and Nelson area
- Preparing proposed annual activity schedules and focused territory planning
- Looking for new business development opportunities and expanding the existing client base
- Overseeing the movement and delivery of stock from our Blenheim warehouse
The ideal person:
- A background of 5+ years in the wine industry, preferably in a similar technical sales and marketing role
- Knowledge of warehouse management and logistics would also be highly-advantageous
- Currently residing in the Marlborough region or willing to relocate
- Relative wine industry qualifications and experience are imperative
- Self-disciplined and motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
- Previous experience in territory planning and key account management
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strengths in new business development
- Computer literate, with high attention to detail
- Flexibility based on customer requirement
- Freedom to travel nationally and internationally for company seminars and sales meetings
- Hold a clean, full driver's license
What we can offer:
- A competitive base salary commensurate with previous experience
- Annual bonus structure based on various criteria
- Full use of a company vehicle, computer and mobile phone
- A relaxed but highly-focused and experienced management team
- A global brand at the forefront of technological advancements in the wine industry
- A truly autonomous role with the opportunity to be part of an international company
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you want to be our next South Island Technical Sales Manager.
Applications close on 3 April 2020. See our website to find out more about Laffort: www.laffort.com
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.