Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist
Company: Dhall and Nash Fine Wines
Uploaded: 12 March 2020
Closes: 12 April 2020
We are looking for a full-time Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist for our Freemans Bay Office.
Who are we?
Dhall and Nash is one of the premium suppliers of Fine Wines in New Zealand. We are a tight-knit, well-oiled team and growing rapidly. Take a look at our website - www.dnfinewine.com
Who are we looking for?
The wheel of supply chain is constantly turning - it takes intelligence and application to keep ahead of the wheel. Your job will consist of looking after the daily operations. You will create and update products in our CRM, place purchase orders with suppliers, obtain shipping quotes, and work with freight forwarders to ensure inbound goods arrive on time. You will work with our 3PL to ensure that inventory is up-to-date and work well with numerous parties to ensure that goods are delivered to our customers on time and in full. You will receive training in demand forecasting, under the mentorship of the CEO and will gradually take responsibility for all procurement in a wine buyer role.
You love, or would like to learn much more about, the world’s most beautiful wines.
Do you have these skills:
- A minimum of a degree or equivalent in operations management/supply chain/procurement (would also consider business/engineering or finance) some work experience would be good, but not essential
- Some understanding of Lean and six sigma concepts and demand planning concepts – possibly some work experience, but not essential
- Spreadsheet competence
- Troubleshooting, problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively through presentations, email, one-on-one, and team discussion
- Ability to logically organize thoughts
- Incredible time management and task orientation - you plan, prioritise and finish all your tasks on time and accurately
- Ensuring flow of physical goods occurs reliably and at optimum cost for us
- Delivery on time, in full
- Arrange and analyse economic transportation of goods from source, including consolidation opportunities and best international routing
- Creating demand forecasts and purchasing decisions leading to optimum stock turn for the organisation
- Inventory Management - from new stock additions to stock alignment, to stock movement analysis
- Generating strong relationships with suppliers | 3PL partners | freight forwarders - collaborating with all parties and negotiating strongly within the supply chain
- Being proactive in developing and enhancing processes for the organisation
- CRM - Uploading and Maintaining all types of CRM Data, including product data and supplier data
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here