Company: Crown Range Cellar Group Limited
Uploaded: 16 April 2019
Closes: 16 May 2019
Exciting opportunity available to utilise your hands-on general management skills in a growing multi-faceted business in the dynamic wine industry.
Crown Range Cellar Group comprises of a diverse portfolio of businesses including a wine production business, a wine lounge and Crown Range Cellar which is an innovative young wine producer in growth mode. We specialise in low-volume fine wines from wine regions throughout New Zealand to France. We have partnered with some of the country’s most successful wine makers in order to produce a range of international award-winning wines.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will play a vital role in ensuring the overall successful planning, management and execution of the business’s core activities.
Responsibilities will be varied and include:
- Driving business growth through assisting with the development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Providing effective leadership to direct reports and across the business.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders nationally and internationally, including contractors, buyers, distributors and retailers, ensuring contractual relationships are managed effectively.
- Managing key projects/business ventures from planning through to implementation, ensuring targets, budgets and milestones are met.
- Overseeing the management of the business’s core functional areas of hospitality and wine production, ensuring key activities are undertaken in line with best practice processes, strategic objectives and budget requirements.
- Increasing sales opportunities and revenue growth through strategic business development initiatives, effective networking and sales reporting.
Key skills and experience required to be successful in this role include:
- 5+ years in an operations management position in a relevant industry/business model.
- Strong business acumen and proven success growing a business.
- A tertiary qualification in Business/Commerce or equivalent.
- Project management qualification or significant experience with this.
- Ability to lead through inspiring others to perform to the highest levels.
- Knowledge of the wine industry and a passion for it.
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
The successful applicant will also be highly-motivated, professional and will enjoy working as part of a small, yet results driven team. In return Crown Range Cellar Group offer the opportunity to be a key member of the leadership team, drive exciting growth projects and be part of a sophisticated industry.
Contact Michelle Knox, Progressive Consulting, at 0800 020 002 for a confidential discussion or download the job description and apply online today.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here