Vineyard Operations Foreman
Company: Miro Vineyard
Uploaded: 09 November 2018
Closes: 02 December 2018
Miro Vineyard is a very small, family-owned wine business which consists of a 3-ha vineyard, a winery, a cellar door and an award-winning restaurant Casita Miro. It is a company which seeks excellence in every facet of its day-to-day business.
We are currently looking for a suitably experienced and energetic person to take up the role of Vineyard Operations Foreman. They will be someone who has chosen to make a career in viticulture, in order to grow grapes to the quality required by a premium winery. This is a 'hands on' position. You will work with the Owner and our Winemaker on a day-to-day basis.
- Supervision and implementation of day-to-day vineyard labour operations, viticulture and machinery duties throughout the vineyard year
- Ensuring efficient use of labour, resources, plant and equipment
- Record keeping and administrative tasks
- Monitor plant and soil health and disease pressure in order to maintain vine longevity and desired crop level and quality
- A minimum of two years’ experience supervising vineyard staff, tertiary-qualified in viticulture and able to demonstrate practical knowledge
- Strong mechanical skills with proven experience in the operation and maintenance of all vineyard machinery
- Analytical, multi-tasking and strategy-building skills as well as time management skills
- As we are based on Waiheke Island, you must be required to relocate to Waiheke Island
- Flexibility with working hours over vintage
Commensurate with experience and/or qualifications.
In total confidence, please forward your application via the "apply" button above (CV, covering letter and the names of two referees), or to Catherine Vosper; email address below or Miro Vineyard, 3 Brown Rd, Waiheke Island, 1081.
Please do not apply if you do not have the necessary NZ work permit.
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2018
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here