Vintage Cellar Hands
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 12 October 2018
Closes: 12 November 2018
Pernod Ricard Winemakers is New Zealand's Premier Wine and Spirits Company, leading the way in everything we do. At Pernod Ricard, we maintain an exceptional focus on premium products, as well as results.
Hawke’s Bay is the birthplace of quality New Zealand Red Wine. Church Road embraces Old World winemaking philosophies with one arm and technological winemaking advancements with the other. This all begins with the fruit grown in Hawke’s Bay. We are passionate about this wine region and producing the best possible fruit quality.
We are gearing up for another fantastic vintage and would like to extend a warm welcome for those that have the same passion for quality wine to join our award-winning Church Road Winery Team in Hawke’s Bay.
Who are we looking for?
Vintage Cellar Hands
Ideally, you will have previous experience; one or two prior vintages under your belt would be great. You will have knowledge of automated winery equipment, and a good level of fitness (and no fear of heights!). These, coupled with a good understanding of winemaking processes and vintage operations or a demonstrated willingness to learn and an interest in winemaking, means you could be just the person we are looking for.
All of our Vintage Cellar Hand positions are fixed-term, for a period of 6-8 weeks. Our vintage generally runs from March-April, and the duration of employment may vary due to vintage conditions. Majority of people will work either morning or afternoon/night shifts, including weekends.
Previous winery experience is preferable. We are looking for individuals who can work long hours and are prepared to complete a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and stunning location
- An opportunity to work at an award-winning winery in New Zealand
- Great leadership from our on-site managers and well-experienced team
- Excellent induction and training
We are passionate about making great wine; our warm and friendly team are ready to show you why, and to welcome you on-board!
Are you ready to join us? Apply online now via the button above.
Applications close: 31 October 2018
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.