HARVEST 2019 - Cellar Hands
Company: Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 26 September 2018
Closes: 26 December 2018
- Home of iconic brands Villa Maria, Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Te Awa, Left Field and Kidnapper Cliffs.
New state-of-the-art winery located in the Gimblett Gravels of Hawkes Bay.
- A unique opportunity to work with several of NZ's most renowned winemakers, all under one roof.
Villa Maria is 100% family-owned and is New Zealand’s Most Awarded winery. For the last four consecutive years Villa Maria has been named in the top ten most admired wine brands, and number one in New Zealand by Drinks International. At Villa Maria we are as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine.
Villa Maria Family of Wineries has a new state-of-the-art winery located in the North Island in the Gimblett Gravels of Hawkes Bay, a multifaceted grape growing region with a reputation for world class Chardonnay, Syrah and Bordeaux Blends. The winery is home to our iconic brands Villa Maria, Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Te Awa, Left Field and Kidnapper Cliffs, presenting a unique and engaging opportunity to work with several of New Zealand’s most renowned winemakers, all under one roof.
Designed to accommodate a range of wine styles, the winery includes open-top concrete tanks and fruit sorting equipment specially designed for premium small batch winemaking with a particular focus on our significant barrel program.
We are now seeking Cellar Hand candidates to join us in Hawkes Bay for the 2019 Harvest season.
We are looking for energetic, self-motivated people with a hands-on approach and strong attention to detail. We are especially keen to hear from people with experience in fruit receival, crush and press work, tank rackings, barrel work, plunging and pumping over red ferments, juice and wine additions, loading/receiving. Previous experience with filtration and clarification processes will also be an advantage.
The Harvest employment period is February to May. Shift work will be required and during the peak of vintage working up to 12-hour shifts across 6 days.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.