Company: Allan Scott Family Winemakers
Uploaded: 10 August 2018
Closes: 10 September 2018
Located in Blenheim, Allan Scott Family Winemakers is one of New Zealand's iconic wine brands which is 100% privately-owned and operated by the Scott family.
We operate our own vineyards in both Marlborough and Central Otago, a 3,000ton winery, a bottling hall with two lines and company owned warehouses. Innovation and a passion for delivering quality wine products that are affordable by a wide audience, is our passion.
A rare and exciting opportunity exists to join our Winemaking team. We are looking to appoint a self-motivated, well-organised person with a quality-focused approach to fill the position of Production Winemaker.
In your role as Production Winemaker, you will work alongside the Senior Winemaker and broader team to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day winemaking operations, ensuring that wines are made and despatched within specification, staff are efficiently utilised and operate in a safe manner at all times, and the winery is maintained to the required standard.
Applicants will possess effective leadership skills, a high degree of self-motivation, resourcefulness and initiative. The successful applicant will thrive working in a dynamic and busy environment and display excellent planning and logistical skills.
- Manage the day-to-day winemaking requirements for the Allan Scott winery.
- Plan and create work orders for all production activities, working closely with cellar staff to ensure the correct and timely completion of those work orders.
- Work closely with the Senior Winemaker and Logistics manager to meet seasonal bottling timelines.
- Oversee the smooth running of bottling requirements, ensuring wines are bottled to company standards.
- Attendance at external bottlings when required.
- Actively participate in the planning and organization activities and projects such as vintage, ordering dry goods, winery Capex projects.
- Participate as an active member in blending sessions and benchmark tastings.
- Following all Health and Safety policies and procedures and proactively contribute by example to the safe working culture of the winery team.
- Active involvement in viticulture decisions impacting winemaking style.
- Play an active brand ambassador role for Allan Scott Family Winemakers when required.
- Have a Bachelor Degree in Viticulture and Oenology.
- Minimum of 5 years winery experience in both small and larger scale winemaking facilities.
- Practical knowledge of winemaking systems, processes and safety requirements.
- Bottling line experience would be advantageous.
- Familiarity and ability with current available winery inventory programmes. i.e Vinsight Planning and organization skills.
- Thorough understanding of winemaking principles.
- Sensory evaluation skills (wine tasting).
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and commitment to wine quality and sustainability.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have a sound understanding of Health & Safety, WSMP, SWNZ and Biogro requirements.
- Be a NZ citizen or permanent resident.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.