Assistant Vineyard Manager
Company: Giesen Group
Uploaded: 09 August 2018
Closes: 09 September 2018
Want to work with an Iconic New Zealand Brand and a multi award-winning business? Want to contribute in an outstanding team environment? If so, then read on.
Firstly, a bit about us:
The Giesen Group is a family owned-and-operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine and beer. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand, both domestically and also on the international stage, where they export premium quality wine across the world.
Due to continued growth we are looking for an Assistant Vineyard Manager to join our Marlborough based team.
Key accountabilities of the role will include:
- taking responsibility for ensuring the fruit harvested is of optimum quality and quantity, and meets our winemaking standards and specifications.
- Reporting to the Vineyard Operations Manager, this is a hands-on position and will require you to take ownership of a wide range of tasks.
- Specific areas of responsibility will include; actively participating in the planning and implementation of the annual technical and practical vineyard management program; taking responsibility for overseeing and managing teams of permanent, casual and contractor staff; performing hand and machinery operations to a high standard and overseeing annual soil and vine nutritional requirements and Giesen Groups composting program.
- Aside from the business-as-usual requirements of the role, there will be a real focus on developing practical solutions to problems and thinking outside the square.
- A tertiary qualification in Viticulture, Horticulture, Science or related field.
- Technical and practical knowledge of the viticulture industry with at least 3 years experience.
- A sound knowledge of compliance requirements related to the viticulture and wine industry.
- This role will take full advantage of your great communication skills and ability to build great relationships at all levels.
- While needing a high level of know-how, drive and initiative, you will also have that balance of technical skills combined with a pragmatic approach.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.