Company: Craggy Range Vineyards
Uploaded: 09 July 2018
Closes: 09 August 2018
Craggy Range has an enviable reputation for quality, innovation and positioning in the New Zealand and global wine market.
Our ambition is to make world-class wines from a range of specially-selected vineyards throughout the country. Reporting to our Winemaker and based in the Hawkes Bay, an opportunity has arisen for an extraordinary individual to join us in the position of Laboratory Technician. This position is responsible for the overall management and operation of the winery laboratory and all analytical programs.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Day-to-day running of the winery laboratory: Collecting samples; conducting analysis, tests, and trials
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Confident with safe chemical handling
- Strong record keeping/presentation, highly organized, and excellent communication both internally and with external labs
- The successful applicant will be motivated and enthusiastic, have a practical approach and work well in a team environment
- Strong organisational skills, a working knowledge of computers and excellent written and verbal communication are essential
- Practical experience in a winery laboratory is required