Biosecurity Advisor/Senior Advisor
Company: New Zealand Winegrowers
Uploaded: 03 July 2018
Closes: 03 August 2018
NZ Winegrowers Inc. represents and promotes the interests of the NZ grape and wine industry. Mitigating biosecurity risk is fundamental to the sustainability of the industry. The primary purpose of this newly-established role is to support the Biosecurity and Emergency Response Manager in work with members, other industry organisations, MPI and other government agencies to maximise the protection offered by the New Zealand Biosecurity System.
The successful applicant will make a critical contribution to the ongoing success of the New Zealand Winegrowers Biosecurity Strategy, including activities to:
- Enhance members’ capability to influence biosecurity decision-making and activities across the scope of the biosecurity system
- Enhance members’ awareness of biosecurity risks and mitigations
- Enhance members’ participation in biosecurity activities
A key part of this role will be building and maintaining strong working relationships with members, New Zealand Winegrowers and New Zealand Winegrowers Research Centre staff and other participants in the New Zealand biosecurity system.
Key attributes include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Relevant experience/qualification in biosecurity/science/horticulture
- Excellent relationship management skills – with the ability to build and maintain robust relationships with a diverse group of members, NZW and NZWRC staff, stakeholders and associated industry personnel
- Organised multi-tasker able to reassess priorities as the need arises with the ability to work independently, under pressure and deliver to timelines
- Analytical with the foresight to identify potential problems and initiate effective solutions
- Some knowledge of the NZ wine industry is an advantage
- Some knowledge of the NZ biosecurity system is an advantage
Ideally, this position will be based in Blenheim, however, depending on skills and experience it could be facilitated in Wellington.
If you would like a position description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your CV and cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com or via the button below, no later than 27 July 2018.
You must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.