Company: Felton Road Wines
Uploaded: 27 June 2018
Closes: 27 July 2018
Felton Road has an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated team to assist in the daily operation of our four Demeter certified vineyards (32 ha). We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is driven by a passion for the wine industry.
Tasks and duties of this full-time position include:
- Managing staff and yourself in the operation of specialist viticultural machinery, such as undervine weeders, cover crop drillers and canopy sprayers, moisture monitoring, irrigation systems and controls, and general maintenance
- Supervise casual staff working within the vineyard and pre-harvest field sampling
- Assist winery staff with a variety of cellar work
Do you have the following attributes?
- 5 years practical vineyard experience – specifically in cool climate viticulture (both local and international an advantage)
- Viticultural and wine tertiary qualifications advantageous
- A strong knowledge of biodynamic and organic principles
- Excellent mechanical knowledge and experience with vineyard machinery
- Full Drivers Licence (forklift certificate or endorsement would be handy but not essential)
- Legally entitled to work in NZ, or hold a valid work visa
Our working environment is one with a strong commitment and enthusiasm for growing the best quality grapes, whilst managing our properties and farmland sustainably and respecting the natural flora and fauna.
Please apply via the button below, with CV, by no later than 13 July 2018 to:
Felton Road Wines Ltd
RE: VITICULTURAL SPECIALIST
Or send your CV via email to Sarah@Feltonroad.com
All enquires treated with strictest confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.