Winery Maintenance Engineer
Company: Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 27 June 2018
Closes: 27 July 2018
Would you like to be part of a great wine company? Do you have a thirst for knowledge and innovation? Are you ready to take the next big step in your career? Then read on!
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join the team at our Marlborough-based winery. Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for planning and managing maintenance and repairs of plant and machinery as well as utilising your fabrication skills in site development and improvement projects.
A little about who we are:
New Zealand’s Most Awarded winery, Villa Maria is 100% family-owned. We are exceptionally proud to be named in the top ten most admired wine brands in the world by Drinks International, three years in a row (2015, 2016 & 2017). At Villa Maria we are just as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine and we are excited to announce this new opening in our team - to join one of New Zealand’s most successful and innovative wine companies.
- Hands-on engineering maintenance and fabrication including; general engineering and fitting to wine industry standards
- Stainless steel plate and pipe welding to food grade standard
- Monitor and optimise plant and equipment operation and performance to maximise reliability and ensure a safe operating condition
- Assist with the development and implementation of maintenance systems
- Attend breakdowns, diagnose faults, oversee time-critical repairs and install new equipment
- Focus on continuous improvement opportunities in efficiency, performance, quality, and safety
- Document maintenance and schedule work
- Assist with overseeing contractors and supervising contract work on site
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- A trade background and mechanical/fitter qualification, maintenance and diagnotics NZQA. As well as stainless welding certification AS/NZS2980 Appendix F (food grade) is desirable
- 3-5 years experience as a Maintenance Engineer/Fitter within the wine, manufacturing, or food industry
- Computer literacy and experience working with computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Experience with plant monitoring and fault diagnosis
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A safety, quality, and improvement focus
- Be positive, proactive, energetic, and be able to multitask and prioritise
To take this next big step in your career apply now online with your CV and cover letter, or via the button below.