Vineyard Operator - Marlborough
Company: Treasury Wine Estates
Uploaded: 26 June 2018
Closes: 29 July 2018
At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we welcome individuals who seek to make extraordinary impact. We embrace an environment where you can set about defining yourself and your career. Our global portfolio of instantly recognised wine brands include Penfolds, Wolf Blass, Beringer, Matua, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags’ Leap and 19 Crimes; TWE is an organisation where the sky is the limit.
An opportunity has become available for a Vineyard Operator to join us at Marlborough Winery. Reporting to the Vineyard Manager, this is an opportunity to apply your skills and experience to an exciting industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting the full range of day-to-day viticulture activities from hands-on manual tasks (pruning, training, trellising), to the operation of complicated viticultural machinery, including mixing and application of agrochemicals and use and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Ensuring all actions are consistent with Treasury Wine Estate values; taking responsibility for the wellbeing of self and others and aiming to benefit achievement of production, quality and safety targets.
- Be flexible in regard to working hours, understand the business need behind shift and other work and strive to support those needs wherever possible.
- Lead by example by displaying best practice in all operations including HSE requirements, machinery setup and paperwork.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of legal compliance as they relate to the role.
Although existing experience operating machinery in vineyards is preferred, full training could be offered to the right candidate. We are seeking an excellent communicator that will be receptive to new ideas and techniques, thrive on teamwork and enjoys a co-operative and collaborative process.
At Treasury Wine Estates we have one ambition, to be recognised as the world's most successful wine company. Apply now, via the button below, and join us on our journey!