Assistant Vineyard Manager - Marlborough
Company: Treasury Wine Estates
Uploaded: 26 June 2018
Closes: 29 July 2018
At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we know that it’s the thinkers, makers and doers who make the most impact, as we continue our journey to being the world's most celebrated wine company. With an international portfolio of outstanding wines including Penfolds, Beringer, Wolf Blass, Matua and Lindeman’s, we are the only truly global wine business, producing quality wines across the world’s most renowned winemaking regions.
An excellent opportunity exists for an Assistant Vineyard Manager to join us at Marlborough Winery.
Reporting to the Vineyard Manager, this is an opportunity to apply your skills and experience to an exciting industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the monthly and weekly site work programs.
- Participate in the business planning process for the site and assist the implementation of site strategies and objectives.
- Foster innovation in work practices through integration of viticulture best practice into the business.
- Facilitate continuous improvement processes that minimise costs of production without compromising “end use” specification of fruit.
- Develop the capability of the vineyard supervisory team to enable them to make and implement decisions.
- Ensure adherence to the Treasury Wine Estates HSE system, its performance standards, policies and procedures.
Ideally, tertiary qualified with an emphasis on Viticulture/Horticulture, you have experience in crop production. Extensive practical experience in agricultural operations and people management will enable you to lead by example. You are an excellent communicator and are receptive to new ideas and techniques, thrive on teamwork and enjoy a co-operative and collaborative process. Most importantly, you are flexible and passionate about your role.
At Treasury Wine Estates we have one ambition - to be recognised as the world's most successful wine company. Apply now, via the button below, and join us on our journey!
Applications are to be submitted via our email firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 18th July 2018.