Winemaking Operations Manager
Bay of Plenty
Company: The Wine Portfolio Ltd
Uploaded: 26 June 2018
Closes: 26 July 2018
Leveret Estate Winery, Kati Kati, Bay of Plenty.
The Wine Portfolio is a privately-owned New Zealand wine company. It is home to fourteen distinct brands including; Leveret Estate, Falconhead, Coniglio, Mimi, IQ, Nikau Point, Mill Road, Southern Dawn, Penny Lane, Southern Cross, Cathedral Cove, The Regent and Riverview.
Our main winery is Leveret Estate and is based at the original site in Kati Kati where we have an integrated bottling line and temperature controlled warehouse.
Reporting to the Proprietor we are seeking someone who can run the packaging, disgorging and warehousing operations of The Wine Portfolio with a strong focus on maximum efficiency, best practice and continuous improvement.
- In conjunction with the Winemakers you will comply with the responsibilities and expectations outlined in the Wine Standards Management Plan.
- Leadership and development of a small, dedicated production team.
- Create and maintain a production schedule in line with domestic and export sales demands.
- Logistic control to meet production and budgetary requirements.
- Bottling and Disgorging line management.
- Oversight of Supplier contracts and label artwork.
- Health and Safety.
Applicants should have experience in a similar role with exposure to a food safety certified environment. Excellent leadership, relationship management, change management and negotiation skills will be paramount, along with commercial acumen and a strong commitment to process improvement and customer service. Experience with lean manufacturing principles and/or tertiary qualification in an engineering related discipline, would be an advantage.
Applications to Fiona MacDiarmid, Director Sales and Marketing. Email address FionaM@wineportfolio.co.nz or apply via the button below.
Telephone enquiries are welcome to Fiona on mob 0274 934 017.