Company: Pinnacle Drinks NZ
Uploaded: 21 June 2018
Closes: 21 July 2018
We’re looking for a skilled Winemaker to join the winery team at Isabel Estate. This opportunity will allow you to contribute to a premium, modern and friendly work environment and develop your skillset across a broad range of functions. You will be responsible for working alongside the Chief Winemaker and broader team in the areas of Style winemaking, Operational winemaking, research projects/trials, quality control in addition to Environmental and WHS functionalities.
Key tasks of this position are:
- Manage the day-to-day winemaking requirements and permanent cellar staff for the Isabel Estate site.
- Forward-plan and create work orders for all production activities, working closely with cellar staff to ensure the correct completion of those work orders.
- Using your attention to detail to monitor the quality of the wine within time parameters.
- Work closely with the production and planning team to meet seasonal bottling timelines.
- Participate in the planning and organization activities and projects such as vintage, ordering dry goods, winery Capex projects.
- Manage batch codes for dry goods tracking, and winemaking using the Winery Inventory software, participating in Quality Management & Safety reviews.
- Oversee the winery Audit requirements to maintain standard.
- Participate as an active member in blending sessions/benchmark tastings.
- Following all OH&S policies and procedures and proactively contribute by example to the safe working culture of the winery team.
- Active involvement in viticulture decisions impacting winemaking style.
- Play an active brand ambassador role for Isabel Estate when required.
In order to be successful in this position you will:
- Have a Bachelor Degree in Winemaking, Enology or related field.
- Strong Previous winery experience in both small and larger scale winemaking facilities (at least 2 different vintages/harvests in 2 different countries and languages).
- Practical knowledge of winemaking systems, processes and safety requirements.
- Familiarity and ability with current available winery inventory programmes.
- Thorough understanding of winemaking principles.
- Sensory evaluation skills (wine tasting).
- Planning and organization skills.
- Personal integrity, strong work ethic and commitment to wine quality and sustainability.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of Health & Safety and hygiene codes of conduct.
- Be a NZ citizen or permanent resident.