Company: CheckMate Artisanal Winery
Uploaded: 25 May 2018
Closes: 25 July 2018
Harvest Intern – Oliver BC, Canada.
Position Dates: August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Salary: $17/hour with subsidized accommodation
- Have, or be undertaking, a Bachelor’s Degree in Enology and/or Viticulture; or
- Have at least 2 years of experience in production winemaking.
Experience with traditional, artisanal and modern winemaking techniques would be beneficial, as would knowledge of the applicable cellar procedures in a gravity fed winery.
Applicants must have experience performing the following tasks:
- Ferment management (temperature control, innoculation, cap management, monitoring nutrient status, punch downs and pump overs);
- Identifying and reducing potential microbial issues – grapes, must, and bulk wine
- Cellar experience - grape processing, fermentations, pressings, racking, transfers, blending, topping, wine aging, wine treatments, bottling, barrel maintenance and sanitation;
- Operating pneumatic presses, destemmers, punch down systems, pump over systems, barrel washers, ozone machines, pumps, heating and cooling systems, solenoids, control stats, draining and pressing by gravity, gravity wine movements;
- Fruit processing of Chardonnay, Bordeaux varietals and Pinot Noir;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Passion for making the highest quality artisanal wines – Chardonnay, Merlot and Pinot Noir.
The following experience would be beneficial (but not essential):
- Lab experience;
- Data-input and winemaker database experience;
- Forklift experience;
- Vineyard sampling experience.
To apply, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or by using the "apply" button below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.