Block Manager - Awatere Valley
Company: Constellation Brands New Zealand
Category: Vineyard / Viticulture
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with our brands Kim Crawford and Nobilo driving category growth across the Pacific. Here at home and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of ‘elevating life with every glass raised.’
About the Role
You will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Awatere Hills vineyard and to contribute to the Leadership team of the Awatere Valley. This role ensures that the vineyard produces top quality fruit for the Constellation winery each year in conjunction with your team.
- Be part of the Awatere Valley Leadership team
- Encourage teamwork and coach and develop permanent staff
- Organise staff and seasonal workers in daily work programmes
- Manage the annual budgeting process for the vineyard
- Monitor actual financial performance vs budget
- Strong focus on high standards of health and safety
- Implement a plant and machinery maintenance programme
- Continually develop processes and procedures to enhance the quantity and quality of grapes
- Act as a role model for the company in the community
- A Viticulture diploma or relevant degree preferred
- 5 + years experience of vineyard management
- Demonstrated history of effective people management
- Career oriented with wish to progress and develop
- Computer literate
Benefits and Culture
Our benefits include a bonus scheme, share schemes, Safe Ride Home Programme, wine allowance, wellness programme, and more. We offer a team environment as the Viticulture teams works closely with the Production and Winemaking teams to bring out the best quality for our customers. We celebrate our successes year-round with an end-of-year harvest party, children’s Christmas party for family, Selaks Roast Day lunch, and much more.
Apply now or contact Celia Daniels on 027-4455578 for a confidential conversation. Applications close 29 June 2018.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.constellationnz.com/careers.html
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business