Visit Programme Manager - New Zealand Wine
Company: New Zealand Winegrowers
Category: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Distributor
New Zealand wine is a remarkable success story, commanding the highest average price for still wine internationally. This enviable position in the international market is driven by a clear focus on producing high quality wine across the industry, as well as by a strong marketing programme targeting the premium market segments.
The Visit Programme is a crucial part of the industry’s marketing strategy and is regarded as world-leading by guests who have been hosted on it. We are now seeking a creative, passionate individual to take the programme to even greater heights and assist the industry in its continued success.
Reporting to the Global Marketing Director, as Visit Programme Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the execution of all visits by international media and trade influencers (plus some domestic), hosted by New Zealand Winegrowers (approx 80-100 p.a).
You will work with our offshore Market Managers to produce the overall Visit Programme Strategy, plus personally devise tours and experiences which meet the strategy/visitor needs, along with those of our wineries. You will manage a team of itinerary coordinators who look after all the visit logistics.
Budget management for the programme will be under your control plus the provision of detailed measurement on the performance of the programme against KPIs. With the growing impact of social media you will also need to drive the relevant visitor areas of the Global Social Media Strategy of NZ Winegrowers, working with the communications team.
The position is full-time and based in Auckland CBD.
- A minimum of eight years wine industry marketing experience, OR tourism/marketing experience and a strong knowledge of New Zealand wine.
- Proven track record in the development, execution and measurement of marketing strategies.
- Proven track record with the management of substantial budgets.
- Excellent written skills, plus proficiency in Microsoft suite and social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, with the need for both confidence and diplomacy.
- Experience with managing teams.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines, with flexibility, innovation and the willingness to go the extra mile.
New Zealand Winegrowers is a dynamic organisation representing the New Zealand wine industry both domestically and internationally. Based in central Auckland, you will be an integral part of a small, passionate and busy marketing department.
For more details on New Zealand Winegrowers please see nzwine.com.
Interested? Please send your covering letter, CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15 June 2018, with ‘Visit Programme Manager’ in the subject line, or by using the "apply" button below.
We would be looking for the position to start 30th July 2018.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: nzwine.com
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business