Head of Wine Production
Company: Constellation Brands New Zealand
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
About us:Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with our brands Kim Crawford and Nobilo driving category growth across the Pacific. Here at home and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of ‘elevating life with every glass raised.’
About the Role:
- To develop and execute an over-arching management plan for all CBNZ ensuring that the wineries are managed efficiently and safely, deliver on KPIs and meet agreed budgets
- Gain agreement on and execute seasonal winemaking plan for each winery ensuring that the wines made are of a quantity, quality and style to meet the company’s marketing requirements.
- Contribute to the leadership team.
- Plan and control all management aspects of winery operations at the three CBNZ Wineries
- Set and manage annual operational and capital budget plans for the three Wineries
- Agree and execute an annual winemaking plan for the three Wineries
- Manage and audit Wine Quality Control systems in the winery for fruit picking through to bottling
- Work effectively across the organisation to develop the best interests of the wine production team
- Execution of wine preparation and shipping to meet the agreed S&OP process required
- Set continuous improvement strategy and direction to deliver sustainable improved results for Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and People
- Effectively lead the team to ensure members are engaged, developed and delivering on KPI’s
- Ensure all health, safety and quality principles are incorporated into daily activities, and policies and procedures are complied with consistently
- Implement appropriate engineering, maintenance and facilities management strategies
- Support future proofing strategies for winery build out/improvements. Have 3-5 year plan for each site
- You should have an Engineering or Manufacturing related degree/diploma
- A demonstrated track record of high volume operations management within a food safe environment (preferably fluid flow environments)
- A demonstrated understanding of HACCAP, Food safety, and Wine Quality Management Systems
- Experience of fast moving goods/production with at least 10 years (5 years at a senior level)
- Managed a geographically diverse workforce with best practices in place
- Managed significant capital programmes with knowledge of engineering management
- Management of balanced score cards, measures and measure cascades
- Experience in production management and demonstrated ability to develop people
- Led multifunctional teams, including HSE, Planning, Quality, Lab, Production, Logistics
- Demonstrable Lean or Continuous improvement leadership
- Knowledge of the winemaking process preferable, but not essential
Benefits and Culture:
Our benefits include a bonus scheme, share schemes, Safe Ride Home Programme, wine allowance, wellness programme, and more. We offer a team environment as the Production teams works closely with the Viticulture and Winemaking teams to bring out the best quality for our customers. We celebrate our successes year-round with an end-of-year harvest party, children’s Christmas party for family, Selaks Roast Day lunch, and much more.
Apply now, via the "apply" button below, or contact Celia Daniels on 027 445 5578 for a confidential conversation.
Applications close 24 June 2018.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.constellationnz.com/careers.html
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business